Monday, May 12, 2008

mother's day wrap up

a lovely day all in all no I did not sleep in, up at 6 am about my usual..plopped down to watch Desk Set but in was on AMC which meant commercials luckily Funny Face was on without commercials so I enjoyed that for the upteenth time.
no eggs benedict but D did pick up Dunkin Donuts-hard to fuss at the man with double chocolate donut in your mouth!
cards plus homemade card from the boy as well as a sunflower thingy made with cut outs of C's hand, a bottle of perfume and a spa visit coming up very soon
D planned on cooking a steak dinner but MIL stepped in and took the family out to Bonefish Grill, very yummy stuff the fish is great but honestly the pomegranate martini rocks!
I managed a nap somewhere in there, phone calls to my SIL & mommy started watching some newish film I had missed called Eastern Promises it seemed pretty good but the nap won out so I'll need to watch it again.
like I said all in all a lovely day what more could I want?! Then Monday happened
I woke up around midnight sick as a dog that was not so fun, I was fasting for lab visit this morning I did break for a spot of ginger ale..
still had labs done this a.m., had to gas up the car always painful these days, ran over to school switched myself from a transfer to visiting student went to work. Found out the bio class has room but the lab does not I need both and I have to watch every day to see if someone drops the lab so I can sneak into it, the alternate class (stats) is full I really do not want to waste another semester but it might be beyond my control at this point...maybe if I wasn't such a procrastinator and had taken care of this months ago I wouldn't be in this mess right now...hmmm..do you see a correlation there kids? You would think at 40 I would stop being stupid but no no sort of cap on that is there?

2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad you had a good day - I love Funny Face - it's a fave. Do you have to like fish to go to Bonefish?! I assume they have the "ole' standby chicken".

overtly trite said...

No I'm pretty sure they had chicken and some kind of pork dish. they also have steak which D got on Sunday and it was very yummy!
I forgot to mention they have the best strawberry shortcake I have ever had