Friday, February 15, 2008

adventures in parenting

yesterday while I was trying to get C to eat breakfast he complained about being soo tired because he woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep. I pointed out that he was asleep when I got him for breakfast then I asked why he didn't just get up & turn his music on-Queen's greatest hits is currently in rotation these days. Then the conversation turned to well X was talking about ghosts and X actually saw a tee shirt floating above his bunk bed. At first I thought about how to answer this one and went with the there are no such things as ghosts don't believe everything X tells you. No need to get into a philosophical discussion when I was trying to get him on a bus. Which for some reason has been difficult all week yesterday he hadn't washed his face, combed his hair, made his bed or been able to find a hat & gloves. In my exasperated mommy rountine I told him that the next day he was getting up early and I didn't want him talking till he was ready to go.
This morning he was doing a great job eating etc which I pointed out and just got a smile & nod. Shortly after he followed me in the bedroom and handed me a note explaining that he couldn't talk because I had told him not to...So I had to explain that I did not literally mean he could not talk but at least he was completely ready and on time

No comments: