Thursday, February 14, 2008

wacky weather

so Tuesday is was what mid-60s?
Wed. morning it was chilly and rainy no big deal got C on the bus and went to work, turned the radio on to hear a forecast of sleet, snow & rain first I asked where exactly-I know my parents were having rotten weather but they live in CT it's suppose to happen up there. No no they meant in Knoxville and allegedly there were some flurries but I never saw any. I did frantically keep checking the school system web site they seem cancel school at the hint of snow but luckily nothing. In the afternoon I was headed to pick up the boy get him fed & off to religion class when I got the phone call from his teacher class was cancelled due to weather?????
ok still don't know what everyone was going on about the roads were clear no precipitation of any kind going on but I'll go with it...
In a related problem do you know how hard it is to find a winter coat in mid-February? Almost impossible if we needed shorts or tee shirts or even flip-flops we're good but winter coat um no!
I thought C would make it through the season with his coat but evidently I was wrong. I found one marked down but probably a little big at Walmart this morning it'll do in a pinch. I can tell you Target, Goody's & Kohl's have nothing. I guess we can try the mall this weekend or actually we might have better luck at Goodwill maybe?
On the Walmart front I thought I would pick up some Valentine's candy for the gang at work so I dropped by the aisle only to find Easter candy going up!!! I know it is early this year but Easter is not until March 23rd people! Can we not at least get through Valentine's Day?
On a tragic Valentine's day note we missed Charlie Brown this year-I have no idea when it was on or even if it was on? I might need to break down and buy the dvd.

No comments: