Wednesday, January 16, 2008

it's a good thing I love the kid

because he literally drives me crazy! Last night at Tae Kwan Do C was receiving his brown belt so Mee-Maw came along to watch & she was going to take us out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate,the roadhouse being one of C's all time favorite restaurants. He is only 7 after all. His class ends at 6.15 so mee-maw was concerned that dinner would be too late should we go to Wendy's? C jumped at that he has a thing for the spicy chicken sandwich, which in all fairness is pretty good but it's still Wendy's. I said no because I wanted a real dinner plus we could get something to go for D who was still at work. I drove over to get a table, while C went with mee-maw, they show up at the restaurant with a Wendy's dinner for C. I wanted to throttle him-I told him that Tx Roadhouse was the treat, Wendy's is something we pick when mommy doesn't want to cook. He was all cute and snarky about getting mee-maw to buy him what he wanted and getting one over on me till I pointed out that since he was not having Tx Roadhouse for dinner there would be no big 'ol brownie-which I think is one of his favorite things about going to the restaurant.
His eyes got real big "but I didn't know mommy"
well you do now kiddo..

2 comments:

Chris D said...

It's nice to know Emily did get all of the sneaky gene...

Appalachian Feminist Breeder said...

Mean moms unite! Willie lost his coat AGAIN. Guess who has to buy a new one out of their Christmas money? Not mommy!