Monday, January 14, 2008

batten down the hatches people

I heard the "S" word on the weather forecast this morning.
One of the thing I dislike about this area and the remote possibility of snow fall besides the inevitable rush at the grocery stores is the knee jerk reaction to close school at the vaguest hint of a snowflake. Now as I a child I am sure I would love it especially since they don't really get snow days here. I do remember the excitement & anticipation listening to the radio waiting to hear Danbury make the list of cancellations. We also had delays up north-it would start an an hour go to 90 minutes & then 2 hour delay but generally speaking once you hit 2 hour it was more than likely they would cancel for they day. I had my own gauge-you would turn on the back porch light & "measure" the snowfall guessing & hoping for that the next morning that you would have a day off so you would not have to finish your homework.

No comments: