Saturday, January 19, 2008

frozen wasteland?

for the second time this week I have peered out my window to find that once again the local meteorologists got it wrong. Shocking. Yes blah blah plateau, weather patterns, seriously how many times can you be so wrong and still have a job?
Sadly I knew it would not snow. How can I predict such things you may ask. Is she psychic? Is she secretly a meteorologist? No. A human barometer-my knee did not hurt. Is this really a perk of getting older?
It's not that I enjoy snow but 1 or 2 a season would be nice. Poor C last time he got to play in snow was 2 years ago in CT when were home for thanksgiving, made a snowman got to sled a little but since then nothing! My parent's house has a great hill in the front yard for sledding, my brother & I would meet up with friends and spend hours outside playing, come in near frostbitten and warm up with hot chocolate with the teeny marshmallows. I also seem to remember a weird phase when one of my friends decided we should try adding american cheese to the hot cocoa, why I don't not recall and in fact I did not recall doing that until just now as I was typing-we were kids it was the 70's for God's sake, people tried things!?

No comments: