Friday, January 18, 2008

cigarettes

I am an ex-smoker. An ex-2 pack a day smoker. I officially quit in 1995 when after knee surgery D refused to get me cigarettes, I was also on percocet which seemed to help with the nicotine craving, oh and the knee pain as well. For the next 10 years I would smoke when we went to bars or had pretty much any alcoholic beverage, when in Las Vegas, when I hung out with a smoking friend or was particularly stressed about something my "stash" pack would last usually a month or more. A few years ago I completely stopped altogether and I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a little cancer stick.
The other day I walked past someone who had just lit up & I must admit the smell made me sort of crave one.
My husband coming in from a bar last night made me glad I do not smoke anymore. Good grief I could smell him as soon as he came into the bedroom, the smell of smoke just coming out of his pores & from his hair and clothes. bleech gross

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the many things I do not miss about bars... the dry cleaning bills. And waking up the next morning and my pillow reeking of cigarette smoke from my hair. Ugh! Both of my parents smoked and I think that's why I never did. Car trip vacations in a car with a cigarette smoke fog hanging perpetually in the air are not fun, espec. when they last two weeks.

Appalachian Feminist Breeder said...

I have not smoked regularly in years. About every other month, I will have one when I go to a bar.