Monday, January 14, 2008

insurance

now don't get me wrong I am grateful to have insurance, really good insurance I have no idea how people manage without. That being said the industry is clearly crazy.
I went in October to have my check-up when I got there the nurse called me back warned me that it was just under a year since I had my last pap smear so I might want to reschedule my appointment for a few weeks later so I did-the day before C had his surgery in fact, not the best day for it but it all worked out ok. Imagine my surprise to get a bill in the mail for said treatment to the tune of $180-alright $165 I had already paid my co-pay.
I called the insurance today to find out what was going on because I had not seen paperwork from them yet-oh well how old was I. Fine 40 currently but I was 39 the day of the appointment-well that was the problem the doctor's office billed it with the 40+ coding they need to refile under a different code.
Seriously they are going to quibble over 17 days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! We just got a bill back from Aetna for services rendered on 12/31/07 (our coverage with them was valid until midnight that night) and they had declined to pay because our coverage was lapsed. Stupid clerkgirl keyed service date as 1/2/08. So, even though my household is sucking at the evil hind tit of that industry, I still hate them. It's a legal racket. They are in the business of No... not yes. They are not our friend. They are the thetans that L. Ron. Hubbard warned us about.

overtly trite said...

it really is crazy. I don't think socialized medicine is all people think it is cracked up to be but I find it hard that in this day & age we can't find something that works better than what we have now!