Monday, February 2, 2009

need to rethink my snow event protocol

rather I need to figure out what my snow event protocol is and then perhaps rethink it. As it started to snow and stick I kept checking the news sites for school closures and by the time they called it I had already decided to head west and fetch the kid. I had called daycare earlier and confirmed that they would have the bus out to collect the kids from school which was good because(bad mother alert) I have no flipping idea what I wrote on the emergency card as to what C should be doing in an emergency. He could get picked up by several folks including myself or he can take the bus home although he does not have a key so maybe not a great idea, there is a friend's house the next street over that he could go to if he were to ride the bus, assuming, that they are home. So fine, finally Knox calls it for 12.30 however I did not have enough time to get him & notify the aftercare van that I did have him in fact if I could have gotten him first. Soooo I went to this daycare and wound up waiting almost an hour for him there. Quite honestly the scariest road conditions were the road & driveway of the daycare. And I had to wait almost an hour till he got there. A wasted hour at that! I should have stayed at work and done some work, or taken my lunch with me and had that while waiting, or if I had brought my textbook with me this morning I could have got some study time in which brings me to my next question my exam at 9.10 wonder if that will happen, safe bet C won't have school but will I?

No comments: