Monday, February 2, 2009

snow day dance

The early dismissal was kind of nice. I napped. After C finished his homework I broke rules and let him play PS2on a weekday so I could nap. It was a good thing. Tonight finds him wishing, hoping and praying hard for a snow day tomorrow. We have made him go to bed regular time just in case but I am thinking it will be an icy mess tomorrow morning so they will call school. I would prefer they do it before I go to bed but no big deal I suppose I am usually up fairly early. I do have an exam myself in the morning that I am wondering about. The snow event 2 weeks ago gave us a 2 hour delay cancelling class so I suppose that the same is likely for us tomorrow but I have studied just in case. I thankfully have signed up for text alerts so any delays will go right to my phone no need to hover around the tv,radio or computer for an update. Growing up my brother & I would use our back porch as the snow gauge and depending on how high it was on the ledge we would analyse the likelihood of a 1 hour delay, a 2 hour delay or a cancellation.

No comments: