Tuesday, January 27, 2009

and so it begins

C is on the verge of becoming a clothes horse. He loves shopping for new clothes & shoes. We can go shopping for a suit and he finds 3 or 4 tee shirts he absolutely needs as well. For a very long time I would just shop for him but as he is getting older & bigger he has to come along to try things on plus generally speaking let him pick out what he wants to wear. I have never understood his desire for tee shirts that have something snarky to say about a sibling mainly because well he doesn't have one and at this point is not going to get one but whatever floats your boat I suppose. Anywho I have visions of just a few years from now dropping him and the mall with pricey shopping excursions to Buckle & Hollister or whatever happens to be trendy at that point in time. Just this past weekend his MeeMaw was discussing how she was just going to get him his own credit card so he can go shopping. Funny except she was serious, David contends there is probably already a credit card with the kid's name on it somewhere at this point. Regardless I thought we had a couple of years but this morning I got a request for a specific Northface jacket he was wanting.....let the shopping games begin

1 comment:

JMS said...

Oh boy! Yeah...have fun with that! Right now, I'm considering myself lucky that Charlie & Greta (Kiddo & Little Bit) are still too young to express a NEED for things like that!

~Jennifer