Thursday, January 29, 2009

when on earth did I become a bag lady?

seriously it took me two trips to get to the car this morning-it's ridiculous.
1. my purse. It's a larger purse I carry a lot of crap, I can get by with the cute little purse for an evening out but normal everyday I need a bag. Even when C was a baby I carried a diaper bag & a purse. I tried the whole toss everything in the diaper bag it did not work for me. And really the idea of a Kate Spade or Coach crack me up, these are diaper bags people! have you seen what comes out of babies-from either end-it is not pretty and my utilitarian green canvas diaper bag worked fabulous, plastic coated and easy to clean. It was also unisex so David did not need a special "Daddy" bag
2. My cute Nine West tote(courtesy of Ross) with my textbook, notebook & binder plus some water for my lecture this morning.
3. another tote a freebie from a movie studio(courtesy of John and his swag purge at the Christmas party) with my lab text, binder, lab coat & goggles for class this evening.
4. a cute Ralph Lauren tote(also courtesy of Ross) with enough junk I probably don't need to be lugging around but an equal amount of junk I very well may need so I carry it to work every day
5. and last but not least a World Market canvas tote with my lunch, something to drink and my stash of plastic silverware

3 comments:

JMS said...

I have to say, that even for me, that's quite a lot of bags! I have one purse at any given time, and my husband almost has a breakdown if I even mention the words, "New Purse." But, I tend to collect stuff - not knowing if I'll need it or not, but just in case let's drag it around anyway. The only difference is, you carry things in stylish totes or purses whilst I shove everything into an oh-so-functional plastic Target bag!

LOL!

Chris D said...

One day closer to mom.

overtly trite said...

yes I am indeed turning into my mother