Saturday, November 17, 2007

laying in supplies

we have all been busy today D & a buddy road tripped to Nashville to stock up on scotch & such for the holiday season. C went off to spend the night with his mee maw after a trip to the toy store to stock up for his week of convalescence. I hit the stores myself. First a book store so I won't be completely bored this week plus a few new books & activity books for tonsillectomy boy. I also picked up a few of the plug into the tv arcade games to hopefully help keep C somewhat occupied. I'll grab some dvds from work on monday as well. Then I did a little of the grocery shopping trying to drum up ideas for soft food jello, ice cream, pudding, scrambled eggs, pasta, pancakes? they are soft aren't they?. I am running out of ideas I guess we will just wing it and see what happens. I also picked up a standing rib roast not exactly a soft food but it is for thanksgiving day. Now I just have to figure out what sides to go with it and finish my grocery shopping tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last time I was on a soft or liquid diet as a kid was right after my Mom had gotten her first food processor. Therefore it will interest you to know that yes, Roast Beef is a soft food, once you puree the crud out of it. In fact, you can drink it with a straw. You will note, however, that I said can, not you will want to. Because you won't, and neither will he! After my Tonsillectomy I woke up and asked for Pizza. The answer was no, but they did give me a burger. But that was back in the bad old days!

overtly trite said...

the boy can EAT I don't think he'll put up with this soft food diet too long but I an promise that I will skip the puree of beef!