Monday, November 19, 2007

santa quandary

as far as I can tell without probing to far C still believes in Santa Claus. Now he is 7 in 2nd grade and hangs with the older boys on the bus and at aftercare so I really wonder if this will be the year he figures it all out. D hopes so he is apparently tired of the jolly old elf getting all of the credit for um well what I do but I guess we shouldn't go there..
I really do love the excitement in his voice first thing christmas mornings nothing beats it! My favorite christmas was his third he was 2 1/2 and it was the first year he really got christmas it was more than just playing with paper & boxes. The wide eyed look as he trotted out of his bedroom and the oh my goodness HE WAS HERE in his voice for me that is the reason for the season.(Not looking for a religious discussion raised Catholic, understand the seasonal stuff but for me the holidays are about family and how freaking wonderful they are!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest niece is 9 this year and (supposedly) still believes in the big guy. We figure this is our last year for the tale though. What helped was that I managed the Customer Service Division of a Toy Company from her 3d through her 6th years - she thought I lived at Disney World (our home was in Disney's town of Celebration, FL) and worked for Santa. The next deal closer was the year she got a puppy for Christmas- she uses that as her argument with naysayers still. Christmas is magic - whatever your belief! My husband is jewish and we celebrate Hanukkah but he still gets so excited about opening his gifts and seeing his stocking filled with nifty surprises. I told him that if people get stuck in the religion aspect then they'll never really know what Christmas is completely about. It's so much more than that, really! Gotta go, the folks who burn stakes in your yard just pulled up :-P

overtly trite said...

I love Hanukkah as well! I had some Jewish friends in college & we would always celebrate both holidays.