Friday, November 23, 2007

martha stewart I'm not

but everyone left the house well fed last night. We did prime rib & D smoked some turkey legs and I overdid on the side dishes so we now have tons of leftovers plus 3 lbs of shrimp that never even made it to the cooking stage. I believe there is a soiree in the making for saturday to get rid of the rest of this stuff I hope!
I must say I am pretty bored being at home with the convalescing kiddo. I know that sounds crazy normally my weeks are filled up running around working, school, chauffeuring the boy you would think 4 days home at home would be just the thing but bored bored bored. I need to break out some of my new books and catch up on my DVR'ed tv shows and clean the kitchen-ugh the worst part of entertaining so I really have no excuse for the boredom..

2 comments:

Anna said...

It sounded like you all had a ton of yummy goodness. Thanks for the invite, we did Plan B with Jim's family! Much love and glad things went great with C's surgery!

Anonymous said...

Amen and ditto about the surgery... glad every little thing went well and your dinner sounded yum-o! I can safely say that after 12 hours in the kitchen, I don't want to be Martha Stewart. I want to hire a caterer. Then I'll have more time to go over the sale ads and plan my shopping attack!