Wednesday, November 14, 2007

random thoughts of the day

-my husband, son AND dog all snore I suppose if I want a good night of sleep I'll need to check into a motel
-I like silly entertaining movies I don't always want to think or be challenged by a film
-I am a firm believer in the christmas season not starting until the day after thanksgiving but for some reason this year I am having trouble waiting to play christmas music, decorate and bake
-I am baking christmas cookies this year something I have not done since before C was born
-I am going to try and talk my Dad into baking as well I have very happy memories of him doing this when I was younger and his cookies rock!
-I will use my son to sweet talk grandpa into baking cookies. I am without shame when it comes to those cookies
-I am not a holiday sweater wearing person however I saw a really cute red christmasy sweater with penguins that I think I may go back and purchase
-the penguins reminded my of my grandmother who collected penguins. I miss the old broad and make no mistake she was a broad in the best sense of the word. I find it hard to believe that is has been 22 years since she passed
-missing her has made me a little weepy this morning
-it also made me laugh our family funerals are generally a three ring circus we should sell tickets really!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, all my thoughts are random. I guess that's why I can't do a post like this. I already did, but it's in 17 parts! I am so ready for Christmas too! And I really don't know what or why I'm getting this itsy this year. Nothing is different, and I already know 99% of what I'm getting... but that's really not different, I do all the list making. DH knows not to go off the reservation unless it sparkles and has karats! Regardless, Happy Thanksgiving now... and Merry Christmas early!

overtly trite said...

well as you can read all of my posts are pretty random this one just seemed more random than usual.
Luckily D has greatly improved in the gift dept I thought about calling off the wedding after our first christmas
:)