Friday, November 16, 2007

day of reckoning

so the BEHAVIOR folder comes home this afternoon. I have been assured each day except for tuesday that he has gotten an A each day thus far. C got a B on tuesday for spitting out his snack at snack time?why I don't know but also he was playing tag in the hallway. It was a rainy day & they were cooped up inside for recess so I am not too upset with him he is 7. And honestly the more I have thought about it the past two weeks can be explainable. The grades and schoolwork he has brought home each day have been fine so the education part is not slacking off. His behavior was questionable the week after a fall break-a week off that is unnecessary in my opinion, the following week he was fighting a cold not sick enough to stay home but he did not feel well. On top of it all is the upcoming tonsillectomy which may have him weirded out more than he is letting on. My mom a teacher for 30+ years and the mother of a formerly rowdy little boy who grew up just fine concurs. I am not one of those parents who believe that their child can do no wrong but I am going to hang back a little on the punishment department and see what happens...

No comments: