Friday, July 4, 2008

battle of the bands

well really just dueling CD players. When we were first together D & I would usually go to sleep with music playing somewhere along the way we had stopped by started back up again a year or so ago, neither of us a big fans of complete silence when trying to fall asleep. From birth C has gone to sleep with music as well not just the lullaby stuff in fact first home from the hospital it was the soothing sounds of Mr Iggy Pop that the boy enjoyed. Now the dreaded Wiggles got some play as did Nickoldeon stuff, the Kidz Bop Christmas was ok but not so much in the middle of April, Green Day got heavy rotation for awhile as did AC/DC & Aerosmith and an '80s mixtape of sorts-what can I say we have eclectic music tastes that we have passed along to C.
D was third shifting it last night so after I locked up I turned on the player in the living room I believe he has a Pulp cd in rotation currently. With doors closing & car driving off C woke up briefly but did what he always does turned his music on in his room & went back to bed, his current cd of choice the WWE entrance theme songs-all growly extreme rock type stuff drowning out my Britpop. Bad enough except he can press some button his player that winds up repeating 1 song over and over and over I woke up to that at 2.30am as well and Oscar superpug barking about something or another. The dog knows when D is not home and is ever vigilant barking at each and everything real or imagined.
Needless to say I am hoping for a nap today

No comments: