Saturday, May 10, 2008

what I really want for mother's day

I want......
to sleep in-really sleep in like 9am not sleep in for me which is what 7.30
breakfast in bed-eggs benedict, fresh strawberries, a pot of coffee.
the paper unread delivered first to me
flowers nothing fancy something simple from the grocery store
a card my son has picked out or made on his own
a gift my son has picked out nothing expensive or fancy just a mug or frame or something silly he picked out on his own
a warm sunny day
maybe a family trip to the park or to play putt putt
a nice long phone chat with my mommy
a nice dinner for myself and my MIL cooked by my dear hubby who is a fantastic cook when I can get him to cook
I know D & C love and appreciate me but I suspect my mother's day will look nothing like this however a girl can dream can't she....

No comments: