Wednesday, May 7, 2008

rediscovering an old friend

Masterpiece Theatre!
PBS fell off my radar but I found Pride & Prejudice several weeks back-the BBC one, the good one thank you very much, the one with Colin Firth. nuff said!
Who knew it was still around? now that we have 90 million channels poor 'ol PBS.
P & P was followed by Sense & Sensibility which I had not seen and then this past Sunday Cranford began based on several novels by Elizabeth Gaskell. I missed a bunch of other Jane Austen adaptations along the way and I believe they move on to Dickens next...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin Firth - yum - enough said. I'm a huge fan of the BBC comedies they show on Sat. nights on PBS. Amazing to me that 20 yr old British shows are funnier than brand-new American shows. Amazing, but not totally surprising.

Anna said...

I agree...everyone knows that Colin Firth is the only Mr. Darcy - although I did like the Reader's Digest Condensed Version with Kiera Knightly - that Mr. Darcy is yummy too.

I find it sad that most of the decent comedies (not all) in the US are copies of British ones. Oh well...I enjoy the originals always.