Thursday, May 8, 2008

bermuda triangle of food

so Tuesday I ran into the grocery store and got 5 things didn't bother with a cart or basket I had 5 things, got home to discover no peanut butter which was the first thing I picked up and in fact the main reason for the trip to the grocery store. I was going to head back to the store and bitch but I looked at the receipt and in fact was not charged for pb so where in the high holy hell did it go? I know I brought it to the register...
Fast forward to this morning I was going to throw dinner together for tonight and stick it in the crock pot-carnitas easy & delish-open the fridge no pork roast to be found anywhere. In a pre-coffee haze I started to search the kitchen because oh no it would not have started to smell or anything by now. Then I panicked thinking there was a pork roast slowly rotting away in D's car, again because he would not have noticed that smell or anything by now but no not there either. I have no flipping idea where this thing is!
I did use some plastic bags as packing material for my mother's day box to my mother I am really hoping it didn't make into that!!!! I'm thinking not such a good gift...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The aliens took your peanut butter & roast... it's the only explanation. Or, maybe Oscar is cooking up something yummy in the little dog house? He's got that Emeril look to him you know.

overtly trite said...

he is a huge fan of the peanut butter!
maybe he's doing some sort of Thai dish with the pork?

Anonymous said...

He's got that Bourdain look to him too. What with the jaunty scarf and all that. You really missed out on the cupcakes... I've still got three here. Yum to the O!