Monday, April 21, 2008

weekend update...again

I hate not being able to blog over the weekends, I would do it from my cell phone if typing with my thumbs didn't take so damn blasted long!
I thought the weekend was going to have a bumpy start when I got the phone call from C's school that he was not feeling well-about an hour before dismissal and no he just could not wait. So I zipped over to pick him up expecting him on death's doorstep or something-hell he couldn't even manage a good cough for me. Does he have a cold yes with a moderate cough I told him next time he needs to suck it up for 1 hour. I pissed off a bus driver because I was in the wrong spot but hell it was a good half hour before dismissal-I manged to control myself and not flip him the bird even though I wanted to. As C was fine I dropped him with some robitussin at mee-maw's.
D and I after brief spat over where to eat we wound up at East Japan or whatever it is called for some sushi-very yummy it used to be Gohan-Ya until recently which we always enjoyed and I must say it was even better on Friday!
Saturday was great we went with friends for lunch then up to the mountains specifically for a trek to the Coleman outlets so we could gear up for the big camping trip next weekend. We now have our own tent & apparently it is a popular tent 4 of us will have the same exact one there is talk of flags or maybe we could just spray paint our last names on each tent? We had little stop for some adult beverages and menus were discussed then a brief stop by my store for some new tunes in support of Record Store Day. No great romantic dinner for our anniversary but a really fun day with friends!
I did have one crazy phone call from MIL about taking C to the doctor to check him for asthma. Now most of his cousins suffer from it so I would like to think I am pretty aware of the signs and have not noticed C suffering as of yet so I just brushed her off. Got a phone call Sunday morning that he was congested and something about either medicine or the doctor before it turned into pneumonia. Pneumonia??!!?? I really expected him to be wheeled in on a stretcher but no he ran in showing off all of the loot he managed to talk mee-maw into buying him on Saturday. Does he have a cold sure but so do I he'll live....
Sunday was a lazy day of laundry & grocery shopping and coughing-from me that is I may have coughed up a vital organ but I'm not sure.. And let me say vicks vapor rub not very sexy!
And so it is Monday back to the grind....

No comments: