Sunday, March 29, 2009

victory gardening

I know I have been talking about a garden for several years now, and we have a great plot in our yard for a garden that just needs clearing....blah blah there are loads of excuses why it hasn't happened yet. However I took a small step yesterday and bought a basil plant for the kitchen. I had thought about growing them from seeds but when I walked into Fresh Market and saw a plant already growing I thought what the hell just buy the plant and go and so I did. I use basil often enough that I would wince each time I had to purchase it fresh and now problem solved! Also considered buying the dill plant but I don't use dill that often so it seemed silly to purchase. But I am going to head to the store and buy some seeds and get a window box or a barrel of spices going for myself in the next week or two. I am also going to pinch the idea from a recent newspaper article to do a salsa garden with tomatoes, peppers, cilantro & onion. And hopefully we will get off our butts and get a decent garden going in the backyard! If it's good enough for the White House it's good enough for our little blue one. I really wish my FIL was in better health to help me with my plans he truly has the green thumb in the family!

No comments: