Sunday, January 4, 2009

so have I missed out on the good luck?

I have lived in the south long enough to know to serve black-eyed peas & green in New Year's Day for good luck and I had bought both for dinner. David had planned on defrosting & cooking some ribs we had but at one point his mother offered to take the family out to celebrate JJ's birthday so no one would have to cook on New Years which was a great plan but JJ(BIL) was working all day so it didn't really pan out. The upshot being we had not taken ribs out of the freezer and I thought no big deal I will run down to the store and pick up some Cornish game hens but then I was so incredibly lazy all day that that plan didn't pan out so much either. We wound up noshing on leftover appetizers from the night before and JJ dropped off some wings on his way home from work it was one of those famous FFY(fend for yourself) nights my parents would sometimes schedule when we were growing up. It worked but no greens or black-eyed peas were consumed. I am cooking my big New Year's Day meal today I hope a 4 day window is okay in the luck department.

No comments: