Thursday, January 15, 2009

funny how people embrace technology

or not...
Last semester my lab professor told us from the start that yes he has email but if we wanted to get in touch him that would not be the way as he does not check it on a regular basis. For all intents and purposes he should have said no I don't have email. However this semester with today being the first day of classes the lab professor already has the semester up with assignments, syllabus, quizzes all of it. I definitely prefer this approach. Now the lecture last semester used the interweb but she was not the most organized which meant power points would not be available until after class. I detest being taught by power point but I would have at least liked to have the notes to follow along with. I did ask if she could get us the material sooner and was basically blown off, in a nice way but blown off. This semester's teacher for the lecture has nothing up yet I hope that is not a reflection of how she runs her class. Guess I will find that out in a little over an hour. In this day & age with technology being what it is the teachers need to start embracing the times.

No comments: