Tuesday, January 13, 2009

another terse letter from the doctor's office

good grief I seem to rack these up huh?
Last Friday I checked my appointment book to confirm that my doctors appointment was at 2.15 and indeed it was at 2.15 just on Thursday not Friday. Unusual for me to be off by 24 hours but okay it had been the holidays I called and re-scheduled right away and considered mentioning that I did not get the automated reminder call but let it go. This was my mistake and not exactly a big deal. Imagine my surprise when I open my mail Saturday a letter scolding me for missing an appointment and that they would let it slide this time however the next time it happened I would be charged $40...you'd think they would have better things to do rather than harass for all of my transgressions

2 comments:

Boriqua said...

Wow. I've noticed some docs have that policy, but I've never gotten a letter for missing an appointment. Not yet, anyway. Shame we can't do the same when they miss our scheduled appointments.

overtly trite said...

I understand the policy up to a point but I have be going to this guy for over 13 years now & this was the first time that happened I think the letter was a bit much!
I would love to be able to bill for the wasted time I have spent at that office