Monday, May 19, 2008

pivotal mommy moment

so on Saturday I willingly, knowingly & purposefully put my child in harm's way then left to pick up Chinese food.
Calm down no need to call DHS or child protective services. I did not give him matches or tell him to run down the middle of Kingston Pike carrying scissors no nothing like that.
I dropped him off at a birthday at the ice rink.
I left that building with the certainty we would be spending the evening at the ER. And yet I left I left my baby because he is no longer a baby.
I spent the following 2 hours on edge with the phone just about in my hands and a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Luckily I was wrong he fell on his face before he ever got on to the ice and decided skating was not for him. C took off his skates and joined 2 other boys watching spongebob in the party room.
I could have told C no you don't know how to skate you can not go to this party but that doesn't seem fair he is friends with this kid and who knew he might have taken to the ice like a little Wayne Gretzky. He did not. Heck one of the other boys not getting on the ice was the birthday boy himself! Not quite like when C missed his own party due to illness but I would have been a bit peeved if I was this kid's mom. Makes me wonder why you would have a birthday party at a rink?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe that somebody should tell the Mommy in question to take her son ice skating before she plans a birthday party at the rink. Seriously, is anybody that crazy?