Wednesday, May 28, 2008

phone system

in this day and age it is unusual for my desk phone to ring here at work. Most of my vendors rely on email to get a hold of me and all personal calls go to my cell phone.
If it is before business hours and my phone rings it is generally one of the owners or a co-worker.
Any other time of the day the phone ringing startles me for some goofy reason and I kind of don't like to answer it because who the hell knows who it is or what they want-no caller id on the system.
Another annoying aspect is the phone system itself somehow or another a million years ago when we got this I got assigned the receptionist line so when ever you dial into my extension it says transferring to receptionist it also means when lazy people call in and don't know what extension they need the call gets transferred to me. If someone does not answer their line here an option to transfer to you got it the receptionist is available. I get lots of annoying calls ranging from selling office supplies to idiots who well let us just leave it at idiots. There is a fine line with how bitchy I can be I mean the system does seem to think I am the receptionist...I do not however get flowers on receptionist day.
Sadly I can tell when a call has rolled over from another extension and I have taken to not answering the calls. We all have voice mail leave a damn message that is what it is set up to do.

No comments: