Tuesday, May 27, 2008

post Meatfest

or as my brother said the day after should be called "purgefest"
Sunday was a successful party in my estimation if anyone did not get enough to eat it was their own damn fault!
Meat galore ribs, chicken, hotdogs, cole slaw, macaroni salad, potato salad, baked beans, mac & cheese, tomato salad, corn bread thingy, olives and more so very much more! Don't even get me started on the desserts super yummy stuff-there was food everywhere in that kitchen.
new blogging buddies missy & her sister and their families fit right into the fold they are a little twisted like the rest of us so I knew they would mesh well with our little crowd. And oddly enough not such new buddies at all apparently Jeni & I would have met before-about a million years ago so yes it truly is a small world after all..
Monday was a fantastically lazy day I did a little bit of clean up, D worked in the afternoon & C spent the day next door playing in the neighbor's pool with his buddy who is their grandson. It was nice I napped a little, read some of my book and re-watched the last season of Sex & the City in preparation for girls night out and the new film on Friday. Today is is back to the grind and adjusting to the summer schedule around the house day camp for C each day and summer school for me starting tomorrow-if you are a religious sort throw up a prayer or 2 for my survival probability & stats for about 8 hours a week I am going to need all the help I can get!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just had fun! Glad we got to come, glad we got to meet your little group, and now we want everyone to come over on July 5th and celebrate Cinco de Julio. New holiday... just as festive! I'm also going to invite the McCaughan's, so it's sort of a Bloggity Holiday.

But, again, thanks! Food and company were all wonderful!

overtly trite said...

put you guys down in my calendar-we are looking forward to it!!
let me know what we can bring

Jennilu said...

We had a good time. I still need to get Doug's e-mail from you!