Thursday, April 3, 2008

where are my damn keys?

let me start by saying I tend to be a creature of habit my cell phone, sunglasses and yes car keys tend to get tossed in 1 of 2 maybe 3 places when I come in the door, when it's time to go I know where to find my junk.
D is doing his very best to drive me batty. Over Easter weekend he was filling in working 3rd shift, when he is not home at night I gather my purse, car keys etc and leave it by the bed so I know where to find it in a hurry. (I don't know why I just do...) The first night he had just left, I was just getting my cold and felt like crap started searching for my keys so I could go to bed. Nope not anywhere I leave them normally, called D had he seen them no no he had not. As I frantically tore through the house in search of the phone rings oh well D didn't see them because they were in his ignition. His keys were in his jacket, luckily we did not need to dash to Walmart at 3 in the morning for shampoo because we would have had to walk.
Flash forward to this morning-I had let C sleep in a smidge as I would drive him in he of course was in zombie mode running slower than I would have liked-got to get into the drop off lane at the right minute or you sit in traffic forever at the school! Again no keys anywhere to be found I am running around like an idiot tearing into bags, my purse all the while trying to get C to finish getting dressed, brush his teeth you know basic hygiene and all. D was just getting up so I burst into the bedroom turning on lights "oh I'm sorry I had them I was checking tire pressure/fluids on your car but I put your keys back" well no they were in him pants in the spare room
I can get to crazy all by myself mister I don't need your help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankfully Crazy is a short trip... you'll have to walk... because you have no keys. Don't kill him, or hide the body well if you do :->

overtly trite said...

it's ok I watch CSI
:)