Monday, March 31, 2008

we gotta find another paw print, that's the second clue

First Communion talk turned to the really important yesterday the ordering of the cake. C decided he wanted a Jesus cake and honestly my first thought was what a Jesus shaped cake sort of like the Blue's Clues cake you had for your 3rd birthday? I know I know I was waiting for the lightning bolt too...
I let C know we could get a nice cake with a cross perhaps & God Bless C on it and that was approved, the kind of cake I wanted to get was however not. I was thinking a nice yellow cake some sort of butter cream and a strawberry filling(ok yes this is my favorite kind) and then getting some chocolate cupcakes for the kiddies. Oh no that would not do-it is "after all my First Communion mommy" so chocolate cake with white frosting is what I will be ordering.
Then I started thinking about Blue's Clues it was his absolute all time favorite show in the whole wide world for several years. At around 2 we noticed him carrying around a rattle he had largely ignored and a soft cover little toddler photo album with a handle and my astute niece pointed out he was playing Blue's Clues. Blue's Clues indeed. He played for close to 2 years constantly! The official merchandise was annoying and needed "fixing" every 5 minutes which did not work to well for me so I started buying him his very own notebooks and crayons which he brought everywhere. It was in fact one of those things that extra notebooks would be in the car, my purse you name it I kind of wonder if there isn't still one or two still floating around the house somewhere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just called MagPies and ordered cupcakes for our soiree on Saturday... give Peggy a call because if anybody can do a Jesus cake she's the one! BTW their cupcake flavor of the month is Key Lime Pie.