Wednesday, April 30, 2008

summer camp

so we are back here again already-where did the year go???
C is signed up for the "summer camp" at his daycare which while a daycare center it is I guess just aftercare for him and summer camp as well I don't think the semantics of what we are calling it bothers C as of yet. We are golden with where we are at till 5th grade which will I'm sure be here before you know it! I am still having a hard time believing he starts 3rd grade in August-did I not just give birth? no I guess I can't be still calling this baby weight anymore then can I?
So any way just a few more years then we will have to arrange a series of day camps for the boy-the paper puts out a supplement each spring that lists a multitude of day camp & summer activities which should help in the planning.
Sleep away camp also came up this weekend and I hope that we will be able to swing that for C at some point. I always desperately wanted to do that in the summer but alas we never did..I was such a deprived child or was that depraved? I get confused.

2 comments:

Jennilu said...

We have talked about different summer programs for Kaylea, as well. She wants to go away to overnight camp, but I have a few problems with this idea. First, they are super expensive and we don't have that kind of money. Remember, I don't work. Second, she can't keep track of her things from home to school. How on earth will she manage to keep her sh*t together in a cabin without me there to harp at her the whole time. I can see a lot of clothing and electronics going to camp and then not coming home. And third, the child will not brush her hair, bathe or brush her teeth unless we make her. I can just see it now, we would go pick her up at the end of the week and she would be standing there waiting on us looking like a dirty, stinky, naked jungle child. That would be a proud moment.

overtly trite said...

yes the money thing will be the big barrier although now that you mention it I can just imagine picking up me very own Pigpen after a week on his own