Tuesday, March 11, 2008

homework

not really a big fan but I understand it is a necessary evil, I suppose. C has been fortunate thus far his teachers have not been big in the homework department. I know he is only in second grade but his little friend who is the same age & lives next door had regular homework even last year in first grade. I can think of only maybe once this year he had homework. My concern is the possible shock next year when he gets something ridiculous like 2 hours a night or more.
He did come home with an assigned project due after spring break. The kids have pick an animal and do a little index card report on where the animal lives, what it eats etc. the best part is the accompanying diorama! I loved dioramas! what fun! Being the good mommy I am I have done my part and bought a new pair of shoes so he can have a nice new box to work with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, why can't I have a kid so I can justify the shoe purchases? That is so unfair!

overtly trite said...

I sacrifice myself 'ya know?