Wednesday, March 12, 2008

coffee pots

I am a coffee drinker and have been from a young age. My grandmother would spoon feed me when I was a toddler and growing up I was allowed a cup on Sunday mornings by middle school it was an every morning sort of thing-maybe this is why I am not any taller than I am?
We got a nice pot as a wedding gift wow 12 years ago now that we have used off an on throughout the marriage. Every now and again we have bought a new pot that does not seem to work out one leaked and who needs to deal with that first thing in the a.m., then there was the one that you could set the night before but it frequently lost time and you would have to work out a calculus problem to figure out what time to set so it would not brew at 3 am., the percolator was fine but too much of a hassle as was the french press. Each time the fall back has been the Krups pot but I am thinking it is time to put it out to pasture it is just gunky & grimy the kind of gunk & grime that does not seem to clean. Plus frequently in the evenings as I get it ready for the next day I am not paying attention and hit the start button-brewing a pot that winds up down the drain-and not saving myself any time in the morning. I guess it's off to Beth Bath & Beyond this evening....
I did order a camping coffee press on ebay yesterday-really can not camp without caffeine and the cheapo camping pot I got last year sucked big time but it'll be ok for boiling the water.

4 comments:

Jennilu said...

Hey I'm impressed that you have a camping coffee pot. When camping, we still use the OLD perculator that my grandparents and parents used when took us camping as children. Yes, it is a huge pain in the butt; however, the coffee is OH SO GOOD! I don't know if it tastes so good because of the pot or because it is being drank in the mountains. Probably a good mixture of the two.

Anonymous said...

It's because of all that gunk, that's why it tastes so good. Oh, that and the fresh water straight from Jake's Creek... that's the combo. Seriously, I bought the Cuisinart Coffee On Demand at Sam's for about $40 less than the department stores and I love it. It brews fast, no carafe to clean, and keeps the coffee nice and hot!

Bro. Byron said...

Oh great. I had talked myself out of fixing a pot of coffee tonight and you just blew it!

I'm currently using the "free" coffee maker from Gevalia. I've went through at least 5 Mr.Coffee makers in the past 10 years. I should probably break down and buy a good one.

overtly trite said...

-I think the fact that the pot/percolator was new & didn't have enough crud to flavor the coffee? I am excited about the press though
-our free Gevalia was the leaker
and I am guessing 5 Mr Coffee makers is not an endorsement. I am thinking I will stick with Krups or bump up to a cuisinart