Thursday, February 7, 2008

well we tried

so we went off to mass last night and good grief parking was full-people were pulling out of one parking lot to try and find a slot on the other, some were even parking at the Lutheran church next door. It was crazy and I'm sure the inside the church was SOR so we went on home. I was not going to stand for mass plus who knows what time we would have gotten out of there. I could have gone yesterday morning but that would not have taken care of C. I wish they had offered 2 services in the evening. Next year the new much larger church will be complete so it shouldn't be a problem I hope.
Now that we are mostly regular church goers those folks that just attend on the major holidays drive me nuts. The church winds up crazy busy & full with nowhere to sit. We should be exempt on Easter & Christmas.
oh and bad us we had chicken for dinner, sorry the no meat thing is a pain when in a hurry....
I was trying to remember what my parents served during Lent I know we would have fried fish, fish sticks, spaghetti without meatballs and pancakes at least once but I can not recall what other meatless dishes would be served.

No comments: