Wednesday, February 6, 2008

happy Ash Wednesday

what is up with all the religious blogs from me lately? I am trying to not do political ones, quite a few people are doing them and doing them better than I would so I have moved onto religion I suppose.
I am at best a lapsed Catholic or even a "Cafeteria Catholic"-that term cracks me so I'll go with that one.
I was raised Catholic super Catholic if you will- another post for another time-so C is being raised mostly Catholic because it is what I am familiar with and quite frankly it means quite a lot to my father. He goes to CCD and we go to mass frequently no not every week and up to this point I have been bad about holy days of obligation such today Ash Wednesday but this year being the year C made his First Penance and will make his First Communion I am trying harder to be a better Catholic and also so when his CCD teacher asks he can say yes I went to mass. So we are off to mass this evening at 6.30, it is a day like today I wish he was going to Catholic school so he would have mass/ashes at school like my brother & I did when we were growing up and going to Catholic school so we wouldn't have to rush around grab dinner & haul to mass tonight.

1 comment:

Randall said...

Dang ... and all we have to do for The Boy's religiosity is hand him off to his memaw every other weekend. Whew!