Friday, February 8, 2008

cereal

I really should have bought stock in General Mills eight years ago-C can eat some cheerios. It seems like just yesterday he would sit on the living room floor clutching a cheerio in each chubby little hand while someone had to feed him cheerios, for whatever reason he couldn't quite grasp the fact that he could feed himself with the ones in his hands. He still eats them dry by the bagful- luckily he has figured out the whole feeding self concept-we go through a box about every 2 weeks or so. He is not a big fan of cereal in a bowl with milk, we've tried the junk cereals, healthy stuff and he just does not dig any of it. Drives me crazy grocery shopping because he'll want to try something and after a few years of buying stuff that goes to waste because he won't eat it I pretty much just walk down the cereal aisle saying no to everything coming out of the child's mouth.
He is the same way with all forms of yogurt, yo-gos, gogurt, yogurt with characters on the container
" oh mommy can we try these please I promise I will eat it..." and I fell for it every time although it did not go to waste except the go-gurt I do not do yogurt that I have to squeeze into my mouth, but more than once D & I went to work with Dora the Explorer on our yogurt cup.

No comments: