Friday, February 1, 2008

voting 101

I was glad that I managed to swing by the town hall and get my early voting in yesterday. Last year I brought C along with me to vote so I made sure to pick him up yesterday and drag him along. I think it is important for him to learn how important this task is even if it seems like you are just voting against someone rather than for someone! Quite frankly I remember going with my parents to vote at an early age and how excited I was to finally vote for the first time even if it was for Dukakis...and might I add I am the "liberal sheep" of the family my poor father wonders every year where he went wrong
-C's first concern was would we get home in time for a snack before Tae Kwan Do-must have your priorities set you know.
-I believe he is an Obama fan he was very concerned with finding his name on the sample ballot and could he tell me who I should vote for so I told him no it was my decision
-then C asked who I was voting for and I shouldn't vote for the girl. I explained that well voting for a girl was just fine however I just don't like the particular girl running so no I would not vote for a girl but a boy this time.
-a boy? are you going to vote for me C wondered I told him I thought there was a height requirement so he wasn't eligible
-then he started in about CT having short people and I am still not sure what that connection would be about
-as I finished he had a lightbulb moment-oh so that's why you and Daddy watch MSNBC so much
So in the grand scheme of things sometimes my vote actually does mean something!

No comments: