Thursday, February 21, 2008

need to know

need the info...
headed down to the bus stop at 6.45 we were first there a little odd but not entirely out of the ordinary. Got a phone call from D he thought he just heard something on the radio about Knox County schools being out due to illness. We headed back to the house to verify on the news-television news we are still without computer at home. D actually says to me oh yeah So & So at work mentioned something about school being out last night to me when I left work.
This is information I need passed along people! or rather person. He did however place a phone call into Mee-Maw right away so I dropped C with her for the day.
I really need to put a radio or television in the kitchen in the mornings so I am a little more current with what is going on. My mother's school system has some sort of automated phone thing that calls all of the parents about cancellations & delays wish we had that here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our school system in Asheville did that too, and so does Webb. But then again, for what Webb costs we ought to have a liveried manservant come to our house and handdeliver any announcements that need to come home. I'm just sayin'! Am quite sure that C is dancing in the streets over this little two day vacation! Kaybug was last week when Sevier Co. did the same thing.

Jennilu said...

When Sevier County called off school a several weeks ago when it was sleeting, they waited until the last minute to do so and had to use the automated call system. The only problem with that was the call center placing the calls was located in Provo, UT and parents with caller ID would not answer their phones. The only reason I answered was to cuss a telemarketer that was calling my house at 7:45 am. You would think that the county could find a local business to do this job and save on the long distance charges. That's our tax dollars hard at work!

overtly trite said...

Webb should be bringing breakfast in bed while they're at it!
yes C performed a little song & dance for us when he heard he was out for the next 2 days.
I am-well I guess not so surprised the automated thing is outsourced-honestly if I saw Utah on my caller id I wouldn't have picked up the phone.

Anna said...

I know I'm new to this whole parenting gig but doesn't it seem like kids are out of school more than they're in school these days?
Or am I losing it already?