Wednesday, February 27, 2008

circus

ok yes yes I know they are horrible, animal cruelty, blah blah blah but I LOVE THE CIRCUS
or I did when I was a kid. Absolutely loved going it was always one of those things only Dad would do with us we would take the train down to the city, have breakfast then go to the circus. It would include a trip to the "smelly" room back in the day you would be able to go see the animals cruelly penned up in cages(yes ok I know it's horrible) but you can't do that any longer now you go 1 hour and early and can meet some clowns, see an elephant, meet a camel down in the rings. We'd get the program, popcorn, cotton candy those twirly flashlight things which they don't have any more I guess way too many head injuries with that one. Clowns, monkeys on motorcycles, bears, Gunther Gebel-Williams what was not to like?
So when C was 3 and the circus came to town I bought tickets of course D being superior as he can be a times informed me C was way too young but he would go along with us. Of course the jerk was right( and I mean jerk in the nicest possible way-love ya babe!) C was not interested and quite frankly seemed a little scared so we did not stay for the entire show. Over and above that the circus was just bad and boring. A disappointment all around. An expensive disappointment all around. I have tried each year to coax the boy into going but no dice he has no interest. MIL offered to buy tickets for us this year but I got a "no thanks Mommy"
oh well maybe I'll go on my own...

5 comments:

Randall said...

Can you make a page for music promotion on Facebook? I would do that, but I don't think I'd want another personal profile deal.

Anonymous said...

Too scared of clowns... no circuses for me!

overtly trite said...

I think it might be the clown issue but the current excuse I 'm getting is that "kids will laugh because I am so much older.. but maybe next year"
so I am dropping it!

Bro. Byron said...

I've never been a fan of the circus. Not sure why. Maybe it's because I can watch a bunch of clowns pile into a small car every morning when my wife loads up to take the kids to school. ;) Lord, I apologize...

overtly trite said...

thanks Byron I really wish I had not just taken a sip of my tea!
:)