Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

we had a little New Year's soiree last night and honestly the door should have read quarantined I think everyone was in some stage of illness-recovering, full blown & on the verge instead of champagne we could have handed out NyQuil. I have been in denial myself thinking it was just allergies from travel but I woke up at 4 after a mere 2 hours of sleep with a head full of gunk and a non-stop sneezing fit that must have lasted about 5 minutes. Regardless it was a fun get together and I hope one & all enjoyed themselves! Of course I made too much food-in all fairness I thought we were having more people specifically kiddies who can pack it away luckily D's family is coming over to help with leftovers today as well as a pork roast, greens and black-eyed peas to celebrate the New Year and then all of the leftover leftovers will go with me to work for the scavengers to pick over.
Managed to get the champagne out in time-which quite frankly I just hate the stuff oh well can't fight tradition-I completely forgot all of the noise makers and popper things as we were too busy making fun of Dick Clark-I know we are bad people but really let the poor man retire already!
So not exactly starting the new year bright eyed & bushy-tailed this morning and just like the end of the year I have a sink full of dirty dishes, laundry piled up, bags that still need unpacking but I find myself feeling hopeful for the upcoming year and wishing all joy & peace and prosperity-I could use some of that myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years to my blogging buddy! And, my sis says if I buy horns again next year she will stuff one of them up my butt... she's anti-horn for some reason! So, what's up with people no-showing for parties, with no courtesy call no less? We had that, and we too had way too much food because of it. Hmmm, another new disturbing manners trend I don't like. Nyquil yourself and go to bed... laundry will wait!