Sunday, December 30, 2007

road tripping the return

so we are back in rainy 'ol Knoxville. I was very happy to be back sleeping in my own bed next to my dear sweet hubby. When we are at my folks house I usually wind up sharing a bed with C this is better now that he doesn't snore so much but he tends to be a bed hog, kind of cute when he was 20 lbs not so much now that he is 83 lbs! My Dad is talking about cleaning up some space, getting rid of an old couch & buying a day bed in the new year which will be nice.
We tried to go to bed early Friday night in anticipation of the long journey ahead and it was fine till about 2 a.m. when C started tossing and turning which involved thrashing his whole body about, grunting and stealing the covers I threatened him repeatedly but it was a crummy night of sleep regardless. As I related this story to D the next day and C pipes up with his head & legs hurt-gotta love those growing pains! but I pointed out that he needs to say something next time so I can give him some tylenol to help!
The drive back was happily uneventful we were making good time so D decided to push on through normally we stop for a hour or so to have lunch and get out of the car but we grabbed fast food & ate on the go which made the trip only 12 hours instead of 14, we made really good time.
Around 6 C wanted to put a call into grandpa to find out how the Patriots/Giants game was going-grandpa being the die hard Giants fan-so I had to let C know the game had not started yet and grandpa was out at a party anyway.

No comments: