Friday, December 7, 2007

not a morning person

not a night owl either-maybe a mid-afternoon lark? that's another post for another day perhaps.
yesterday I started my day late having set my alarm clock for p.m. instead of a.m. I woke up with a start at 6.20 there was no way C was going to make a 6.50 bus but we rushed around and got him to school by 7.15. You want to get on the drop off line before the school actually opens otherwise you get stuck in long lines just trying to turn into the school parking lot-it is amazing what a huge difference 5 minutes makes in traffic patterns..
This morning all was timed well, I must admit in the cold weather I do drive him down to the bus stop. So we head out the door at 7.45 and as we got to the car we could see the bus drive up-5 minutes early? what is up with that? I guess he knew he was early because he sat and waited while we drove down and the neighbors next door drove down as well. I felt bad for all of the cars that had to sit and wait I know they were sitting there cursing us out but it was the bus driver not us if you were delayed in wilds of Farragut this morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad that my morning responsibilities are no more major than getting two dogs walked and fed... I would never make it if the situation were any different. Color me not quite a grown up, yet!

overtly trite said...

both C and I are the bump into the walls sorts in the morning so honestly it's a miracle we even get out the door some days!