Saturday, December 8, 2007

I hate kids

ok not all kids. and maybe I don't really hate them per se some of them just bug me! manners are they truly that difficult to teach? C is not perfect not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I expect him to behave when we are out shopping, no running, shouting, grabbing things, knocking into people, running into to them with the cart and no wheelies or heelies whatever they are called-mainly because we won't buy him a pair but if he had them he would not be able to use them in a store!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Some girl almost ran me over in ToysRUs last week on her wheelie tennis shoes. Whoever invented those things should be shot.

Anonymous said...

I don't hate kids... if they're cooked properly. JKJK I am really big on the manners thing though... as my nieces would attest. Years ago EB and I took a then 8 yr old Vickster with us to the Santa Claus Parade. We met friends at the Mickey D's on Cumberland for a pregame Happy Meal Extravaganza. When Vickster put her napkin in her lap before tearing into her burger/fries, one of the little heathens with us said "oh, you must be rich. Only rich people put their napkins in their laps." Vick just responded "no, Auntie M just says that I should act like I've been somewhere before, so I am." That little girl has turned into a 17 yr old young lady with empeccable manners and grace - because of EB and I and our little life lessons she learned with us. Yes, I'm damned proud. The others are getting the same lessons... and I hope the same outcome is the result. Some things just don't go out of style.