Tuesday, December 18, 2007

goatman chronicles

yes I know it is probably not a great idea to post things about my boss but here goes anyway...
-9 days before xmas I have a message on my phone we are out of the Hillary nutcrackers at one of the stores I NEED to order more and get them in this week. This from the man who was freaky about us carrying them-he didn't like the George Bush toilet paper we sold last year either but that sold without complaint. He thought we sold these so well because people equated it with the nutcracker suite?! as in Tchaikovsky?? alrighty then I just deleted the message and did not respond at all besides it's not like I can wave a magic wand manufacture them and have them in the store this week.
-wanting to improve our web site he took a bunch of really bad pics of some of the novelty & accessory items we carry(this is part of my job I order all of the "crap" for both stores) anyway photos with price tags on them, bad backgrounds just bad pics. we have a guy on staff who is a photographer in the sense that he has been paid to do this sort of thing so last week we well he took a bunch of pics I just got to play assistant. Great photos but I got an email that the owner felt his were better
-he also tends to email a lot even though he is sitting almost next to you in a small office
and there are a few more stories that further illustrate that he did not know Christmas was so close I guess?! Maybe he though the date changes like Easter? It seems like a lot of his instructions lately should really have been dealt with oh before Thanksgiving

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another work tale that scares the dough jabbins out of me! I hate bosses... and I've had some doozies! Bless you!

Appalachian Feminist Breeder said...

I erased my comment because i left out a word.
I meant to ask if your boss was getting a novelty cake for christmas?

overtly trite said...

he must have found out-it was pick on me day yesterday. I am evidently personally responsible for the down fall of music retail...