Wednesday, December 12, 2007

bad flashback

nasty wreck in front of the store as I drove in this morning reminded me of my own wreck in the same spot almost 8 years ago. 7 months pregnant and what do I do why total my car what a great idea! I thought an ambulance ride to the hospital might be a good idea at the time but I tell you unless I am bleeding out of my eyeballs I won't do that again. Totally freaked me out, I told them I could not be flat on my back-when you are preggers you need to at least have feet elevated otherwise it cuts off circulation or something-so they put me flat on my back. I was trying to take some deep breaths to calm myself down so they shoved oxygen up my nose even though I told them I did not need it. Wanted to go to hospital out west well they could not do that which turned out fine I was at Fort Sanders Regional and wall taken care of for which I am eternally grateful.
I was having contractions so I spent the first night in labor & delivery. That sealed the deal on the whole epidural debate some poor woman was screaming her lungs out at 3 in the morning-she had waited too long & could not get the epidural. Then comes C favorite part of the story-he was pissed at mommy kicked moved and carried on ALL night. I was on a fetal monitor but he kept moving off of it my nurse would come in wake me & shift everything after several visits in she finally let me go an hour at a time so I could get a little sleep.
My SIL told me she was ready to hit the road and help if we had C prematurely. Now she has some serious experience as her daughter was born at 24 weeks. My niece was not even 2 lbs at birth but the ultrasound indicated C would have still been 6 lbs even as a preemie a monster child! largest premmie they would have ever seen is my guess but luckily contractions were stopped and I went home after a really long & boring week in the hospital.

No comments: