Saturday, November 3, 2007

fall festival

The festivities are over for this year and a pleasant day was had by one and all. We worked the apple harvest toss game first thing so we got to the school before the fun officially started. I was pleasantly surprised to find plenty of parking on the school grounds so unlike previous years we did not have to park off campus and walk. Games are much more laid back and fun to work compared with the frenzied bake sale. As far as the bake sale goes I learned my lesson, last year I waited to buy bake goods till the end of the day so we would not have to carry our purchases-bad plan all of the good stuff is gone by 2pm! So this year after our booth duty & lunch we hit the bake sale and since our car was not miles away we safely stashed our goodies. We did typical festivally type things games, crafts, the 2nd graders all did little musical performances throughout the day-C's was at 1 and it was a nice little break in the day. And then at the gift basket auction we actually had the winning bid on a Transformers gift basket! I am still amazed about the gift basket I bid every year on something but never win or really expect to win, this year C was ogling the 2 transformer gift baskets so we bid on both. Neither had very many bids so as time was winding down I wanted to check to make sure we would not get stuck buying both baskets, we had been outbid on both so I tried to bid again on the one he really wanted but an eagle eyed mother was watching and out bid me in mere seconds so I bid on the second basket now another child was hoovering about and let his mom know they had been outbid but as she went to outbid us they yelled pens down so voila the basket was all ours. I felt a little twinge of guilt as the child burst into tears but losers weepers and all that jazz...
And I might add for the third year in a row D escaped attendance.

No comments: