Friday, November 2, 2007

bake shop 101

tomorrow is C's fall festival at school-games, crafts, those inflatable jumpy things, face painting, cupcake walk and what seems to be a big money maker-the BAKE SALE. I worked the bake sale last year-scary business people take their baked goods very seriously. So I have been baking this evening, my mother's world famous brownie cupcakes, ok maybe they are only famous in my world but famous nonetheless. I also bake a signature spice cake made with tomato sauce-sounds odd but it is really good or it would have been but I was out of tomato sauce, well I was out of plain tomato sauce somehow I don't think the pepper & onion sauce would be a good substitute. I do have a second recipe that is made with tomato soup which I did have but somewhere along the line I have incorrectly transcribed the recipe. The cake does not look right and since I can't very well taste it then send it along to the bake sale I have whipped up the applesauce spice cake which is a cheater cake that uses packaged mix.
My house smells like a bakery.

No comments: