Tuesday, December 30, 2008

because I would totally insure random strangers if I could

let me start by saying I am grateful to have insurance.
That being said what a pain in the butt insurers can be at times. David had the whole job change this fall my one request was that he make sure insurance would not undergo any major changes so of course insurance is completely new and different! Let's just say I am not thrilled to be paying for my own less than stellar insurance once again and I have not completely grasped exactly how David & C's insurance works quite yet. I do know it changes again in the new year because we got some forms to fill out and return with proof that C is our child. No no proof we need both a copy of last year's taxes showing where we claimed the kid as our kid as well as a copy of his birth certificate. Now don't get me wrong I would love to be a philanthropist but at this point in time I am currently not grabbing random children off of the street and paying to insure them!
I suppose I should be grateful we don't have to submit to a blood test

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If so then I know a few more that need your service!

Chris Curtin said...

Welcome to a recession. I've heard stories from a number of businesses, both small and large who had nieces, nephews, neighbor's kids etc on their insurance.

The real parents pay the deductible and whatever the insurance didn't cover, but it is still much cheaper than getting their own.

Since most 'family' plans are a fixed monthly charge regardless of the # of children people try to get away with it.

overtly trite said...

I understand the realities of the situation Ktown is in Appalachia & all but this is not a new kid-we have insured him for going on 9 years now and I am just whiney about having to collect this stuff :)
oddly enough I think David said the plan he signed up for was a per person sort of thing not a family plan which is why I had to get my insurance through my work again(which I am still annoyed about)