Friday, June 20, 2008

you can pick your friends...

but not your family.
older brother D's siblings started their families well before we were even married so C is the youngest of the grandkids by about 6 years. The 2 boys are closest in age and Z quickly stepped into a surrogate older brother routine with C whenever they were together. C worships the ground Z walks on to the point that when Z left poor C would cry buckets of tears, not so much any longer. Whenever Z visited the boys would spend most of their time together either at our house or MIL's they were inseparable.
Z has hit the surly teen years, his parents divorced, they have always moved around a bunch and quite frankly he is jealous of C. Yes C is an only child he is spoiled not in a bad way but let's face it when you only have 1 they do get a whole lotta of attention...Plus MIL likes to spoil her grandkids C lives here and sees her weekly and he is still a kid he still plays with toys so yes the woman does spoil him. It's not like she does not spend $$ on the others each time Z & his sister are in town she takes them clothes shopping, gives them cash and so on. They are not deprived, neglected or ignored.
Anywho at Thanksgiving C had just had his tonsils out so again yes he was getting extra attention but by the end of their time here Z was just been ugly with C -it was just sibling sort of ugly, calling names & busting toys but C does not have a sib he doesn't quite understanding how annoying they can be-or so I've heard...
Long story short-I know I know toooooo late for that-found out Z was coming in with his dad around the 4th I asked C if he was excited to see Z and got "no not really he's just mean to me"
I hate to hear that. I know I can't force them to like each other or hang out but I do hope the boys come through to the other side and become friends again.

3 comments:

Chris D said...

Everyone knows the youngest is never to blame, it's always the fault of the older sister....er sibling.

overtly trite said...

clearly you are misinformed..I believe the younger is generally speaking the "problem" child

Jennilu said...

I second you Chris. I was the younger, and it was NEVER my fault. It was always the fault of my mean big sister ;) Just kiddin' sis, you know I love you!